- APQP, PSO, and PPAP for the automotive industry.
- Consultant for Investment Banking Firm.
- Consultant for Import & Export of drilling and rig equipment.
- Director/General Manager for auto parts supplier in Brazil.
- Attorney with Do Prado Law Offices in Brazil.
- Consultant for biochemical products with ANVISA, IBAMA, MAPA (Brazilian Agencies).
- Consultant for motorcycle exports to Brazil.
- Consultant for assembly plant in the USA.
- Consultant for US part supplier to Brazilian factory.
- Consultant for food and beverage industry in Brazil.
- Consultant for high pressure die casting aluminum foundry in France.
- Consultant for CEO of medical equipment and the health care in the USA.
- Consultant for plastic molding company in Argentina.
- Commercial Manager for automotive supplier in Brazil.
Brazil & USA Assignments.
- Conducted procurement in Latin America.
- Served as company's liaison to facilitate development of Mercosur market and globalization of business in the Americas.
- Managed new site construction, including installation of air compressor and pipe lines, electrical transformer and lines, and construction upgrades; conducted procurement and reviewed quotations for site construction; evaluated and signed contracts between the company and all supporting organizations, including Bank of Brazil, Bank Boston, and the Central Bank of Brazil.
- Conducted employee interviews and made recommendations, to hire and to terminate employees.
- Monitored and verified all documentation concerning quality and validation of process with the auto industry, specially PSO (Process Sign Off), APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), QS 9000 compliance, Kaizen techniques and other systems to increase productivity.
- Contract suppliers and sub-suppliers. Conducted biweekly meetings between the North American and the Latin American operations.
- Managed and provided support to importation of highly technical equipment.
- Reduced operations cost by minimizing contracting agencies.
- Installed telecommunication line to link computer equipment between the USA and Brazil.
- Conducted engineering meetings and act as technical liaison between suppliers.
- Prepared environmental studies to plant operation.
- Maintained emphasis on quality in a fast-paced environment.
- PSO and PPAP for new manufacturing plant.
Education & Training
Received his education in Brazil and in the United States at the following institutions:
- Florida State University (Ph.D.) Tallahassee, FL. 2004
- The University of Tennessee (Masters Degree) Knoxville, TN. 1992
- Weber State University, (Bachelor of Science, Liberal Arts) Ogden, UT. 1989
- Riopretense College of Law (Bachelor of Judicial Social Sciences and Law) S. J. do Rio Preto, Brazil. 1985
- Government MEC (Technical in Civil Construction Engineering)
- São Carlos, Brazil. 1978
- The University of Florida - Gainesville, FL Fall 2000
- Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL 1993 - 1996.
- Roanne State Community College - Harriman, TN 1991 - 1992.
- The University of Tennessee - Knoxville, TN 1989 - 1991.
Connections in Latin America
- Business starter and project manager.
- In-depth understanding of American/Brazilian cultures.
- Knowledge of Brazilian law, tax structures and economics.
- Ability to translate legal and technical documents.
- Industrial and political contacts.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the economy and current events.
- Los Niños special project sponsored by the Catholic Church to assist the poor in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Music coordinator for masses and special events for Catholic Institution Newman Center, Ogden Utah.
Academic Honors & Awards
- All International Education sponsored by Scholarship and Assistantship from major Universities.
- World Music Certificate (World Cultures), Florida State University, 1997.
- Rolandry Parry Scholarship, 1988 & 1989.
- Distinguished Service Award, Weber State College, 1988.
- Crystal Crest Awards Finalist, Weber State College, 1987 & 1988.
- Theodore Presser Scholarship, Weber State College, 1986.